Lakeview Fire Protection District welcomes you to the neighborhood. Many new residents don’t know Lakeview Fire is not part of any municipality or city and receives no tax dollars. Instead, state law allows us to charge a mandatory fee to fund the services we provide, commonly known as fire dues. Here are a few quick facts on fire dues:
- Fire dues support the fire district. Everything from the cost of the truck to the fuel in the truck to the hose on top comes from dues.
- Fire dues are tax deductible.
- If you are exempt from paying county property taxes on your property you are exempt from fire dues.
- We mail fire dues invoices in October. Dues not paid by December 31st are considered late.
- For billing questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more about the fire district or dues? Look around the website, follow us on social media or attend a monthly meeting at Station 1 located at 21289 Phyllis Drive Lake View, AL. Meetings are the third Tuesday of every month starting at 7 PM.
While we serve the Tuscaloosa County residents of the City of Lake View in addition to the surrounding unincorporated areas, we are not a part of the City. To learn more about the City of Lake View visit their website at https://www.lakeviewalabama.gov/ or City Hall located at 22757 Central Park Drive Lake View, AL.