To Make a Request
To view or request copies of documents other than fire/emergency reports, please fill out a request at the Business Office. You may also download and email your completed form to email@example.com.
The Business Office is located at:
21289 Phyllis Drive
Lake View, AL 35111
Incomplete forms and forms requesting vague and non-specific items will be returned. If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the business office.
Meeting Minutes are available at the Business Office after approval at the next board meeting. For example, March meeting minutes will be submitted at the April meeting. As a courtesy to the community, Meeting Minutes are posted on the website after they are approved, any corrections made, and formatted for posting. For immediate review of a meeting, videos are available on our YouTube channel 48 to 72 hours after the meeting.
Documents are free to view and you may take pictures of the documents. An appointment to view the records requested will be set up once the documents are ready.
Document copies are charged $.20 per page. You will be notified prior to the Business Office completing your request for charges exceeding $50.00.
If you need the document mailed you will be responsible for paying postage.
Expected Processing Time
Every effort is made to quickly process record requests without hindering the normal job duties of Lakeview Fire Protection District personnel. The type and volume of the records requested will determine the time and cost to complete your request. You will be notified if your request will take longer than 10 business days.
Once your documents are ready, you will be contacted to schedule a time to view or pick up your request.
The Lakeview Fire Protection District financial report is available at the business office. Copies of audits and governing documents are available on the website and copies of tax returns are available on the IRS website. Please note items distributed during board meetings, such as charts or graphs with financial data, are intended as easy to read visual aids the audience can quickly review during a meeting.
If your request for records is denied, an explanation and instruction for an appeal will be provided.
Other Important Information
- As a courtesy to the community, copies of many of our documents available online. This is a service to the community and does not take the place of records kept at the main office.
- Please be mindful the Business Office shares a space with the fire service administration. Lakeview Fire Protection District takes the security of confidential information and financial information, such as credit card information and banking information, seriously. Visitors to the Business Office must be accompanied by an authorized Lakeview Fire Protection District representative at all times.
- Lakeview Fire Protection District will not create new documents at the request of the community.
- Firefighters cannot take record request for the Business Office.
- We do not offer public Wi-Fi.
- If you have a question concerning the records request process or feel any portion of the process violates any law, email email@example.com with your questions or concerns.