Thank you to everyone who came to the meeting. The Bylaws have been approved and will be posted on the document page when ready.
These Bylaws will not be adopted until voted on by the members at a meeting for that purpose. The meeting date will be announced at a later time. The amended and restated Bylaws have been made available to the District Members well in advance of the meeting. We encourage all members to participate in any Bylaw changes. You must be a member to motion for and vote on bylaws.
- Section 2.2 Meetings: The annual meeting has been changed to the third (3rd) Tuesday of October in accordance with a prior vote of the members.
- Section 2.4 Notice: This provision has been revised in accordance with the Alabama Open Meetings Act and will be a substantial cost savings to the District.
- Section 2.6 Proxy: This has been revised for clarity.
- Section 3.1 Monthly Meeting: The monthly meeting has been changed to the third (3rd) Tuesday of the month in accordance with a prior vote of the members.
- Section 3.3 Notice: This change has been made to comply with the Alabama Open Meetings Act.
- Section 3.4 Waiver: This has been omitted as it did not comply with the Alabama Open Meetings Act.
- Section 3.7 Consent: This section has been omitted as it conflict with the Alabama Open Meetings Act.
- Section 3.8 Directors: This has been revised to prevent conflicts of interest in employees serving on the Board.
- Article V. Fire Chief: A clarification has been made as to the duties of the Fire Chief and the operation of the day-to-day administration of the office.
- Article X. This article has been added to address service charges and fees along with exemptions and hardship waivers.
Click on the link below for the complete text of the 2022 Bylaws Amended and Restated – Draft